Design Research Dissertation - Tasks Compilation

 Name: Liong Xenyi (0383125)
Module: Design Research Dissertation (DIS60304)
Date: 20/04/2026 - 24/07/2026 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Degree: Bachelor of Design (Honors) in Creative Media 
University: Taylor's University


Table of Contents
  • Module Information Booklet
  • Task 1: Dissertation Draft
  • Task 2: Final Dissertation
  • Task 3: Visual Design for Publication
  • Task 4: Research for Article Publication
  • Weekly Feedback
  • Reflection


Module Information Booklet





Task 1: Dissertation Draft

Task 1: Dissertation Draft



Task 1: Dissertation Draft Turnitin Report




Task 2: Final Dissertation

Task 2: Final Dissertation



Task 2: Final Dissertation Turnitin Report




Task 3: Visual Design for Publication

Task 3: Visual Design for Publication


Scan here to view the Flipbook.



Task 3: Visual Design for Publication (PDF)




Task 4: Research for Article Publication

Task 4: Research for Article Publication



Weekly Feedback




Reflection
Observation:
I find this module for research easier than the last (Research Methodology), as this already has the main foundation of the research which I have to add on to, and not to mention the design part. Summarising and adding on to the previous research was easier to handle. I had better direction and feedback that helped me through this module too. I had feedback for the previous part of my research from the previous module, and realized how much errors I had, which led me to fix many areas of my previous research to better fit this research dissertation. Because the tasks were focused on the same paper draft mostly, I had become well accustomed to my paper, with Task 4, which made me rewrite my paper into a short article, was a little tedious, but it was one of the easier tasks nevertheless. 

Experience:
At first, I dreaded this module because I had thought it would be as difficult as the previous research module. However, it is much more manageable and I knew what I was doing, so I had a clearer end goal. The design part was the best part (as for us designers), even though it got a little bit mundane trying to fit in my long analysis and discussion part. On the other hand, the most difficult part was writing analysis and discussion, as it was the longest section of the paper, and having to find lots of support to come up with an analysis. It was difficult for me to keep rereading and checking the points, as sometimes I felt like I rambled too much or went off point. I think I still didn't do my best job, and would rewrite some areas if given the time. Nevertheless, the easier and fastest task I finished was Task 4, even though I dreaded it at first because I had to shorten my thousands of words into something much shorter. However, this task made me realized how much I could actually cut down from my paper without affecting my points too much. 

Findings:
I still do not like doing research all that much, but I do prefer Design Research Dissertation rather than Research Methodology, as it focuses more on the analysis addition and design part to build up on from the previous research. My strength is to analyze results and draw topics and themes, while adding design to demonstrate the topics and research content. However, my drawbacks would be to find and collect said research, while I constantly forgot about quotes, author names or the research paper itself. I usually remember the main content or point, but often forget the actual citation or source, which is something I need to work on, such as putting the notes somewhere.



Comments